Saturday, August 8, 2015

Saturday Spotlight - Editable Name Activities

Happy Saturday! For those of you who are already back in the classroom, I hope you are truly able to relax after what I am sure was a busy week! For those of you who are still on vacation, enjoy one of the last few weekends in which you don't have homework to prepare, papers to grade, or lesson plans to attend to. I am so excited to team up with Erin from Kindergarten Dragons for this Spotlight Saturday!




This week I am highlighting my Editable Name Activities.


When heading back to school, one of the most important skills that those PreK and Kinder students need to learn is how to write, spell, and recognize their name. So, I designed this activity packet with exactly that in mind. And since it is editable, each of your students gets a page that is uniquely their own! 
Students get practice writing their name with these fun dotted letters!


Students also have multiple opportunities to practice spelling their name and recognize their name. The gumball name page is always a favorite!



 I have also included 4 different class activities for students to see how their name compares to other students in their class.


I also just updated the file so that it can be edited in either Microsoft Word or Microsoft Power Point. My kids have loved these activities and I hope yours do too! Have a lovely start to your school year and be sure to head back to the this week's Kindergarten Dragons Link-up for other great ideas and resources!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the gum ball name page! I just added this to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole packet looks so incredibly awesome! That gum ball page is so amazing!!! I am definitely adding this to my Wish List too!!
    Thank you so much for linking up for Spotlight Saturday and sharing such an awesome resource for the beginning of the school year!
    Have a wonderful week and a great start to the new school year!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete